As an investment advisor, you will provide your clients with comprehensive financial planning and advice to help them effectively manage their financial wealth. Responsibilities include targeting prospective clients and marketing your unique value proposition, evaluating your client’s financial situation and identifying investment objectives through a comprehensive and customized financial planning process. You will recommend appropriate solutions and monitor portfolios for economic changes and adjustments in your client’s needs and objectives. This is a very visible role focused on building and maintaining relationships with your clients and the local advisor community.
More specifically, the responsibilities will include:
- Generate leads, through personal and business contacts, for the sale of investment products to affluent individuals, business owners and/or corporations.
- Maintain a system to monitor sales activities on a weekly basis, including initial calls to potential clients, calls to advisors, existing clients and other sources of referrals and leads or new business opportunities generated from the activities.
- Manage potential cases through marketing, research, analysis and delivery of client presentations.
- Develop and maintain client relationships through periodic communications and reviews to discuss potential investment opportunities.
- Assess clients' assets, liabilities, cash flow, insurance coverage, tax status and financial objectives and values to establish financial goals and investment strategies.
- Advise clients on financial plans utilizing knowledge of tax and investment strategies, securities, insurance and pension plans.
- Assist in the management of the current investment client book of business.
- Identify new cross-sales opportunities through business development calls and meetings.
- Maintain knowledge and expertise of accounting, investments, legal and tax issues and their impact on existing and future business.
- Participate in industry meetings to maintain contemporary knowledge of current trends and products.
- Bachelor's degree is required and it is more than likely that the candidate will possess an advanced business, accounting or legal degree.
- It is likely the candidate will have (and/or work towards acquiring) a professional certification such as a CFP.
- Required licenses: FINRA 7 or 65.
To perform the role successfully, an individual should be able to demonstrate the following competencies or experiences:
- Fits the values and culture and enjoys collaborating and mentoring with the dedicated team of professionals.
- Demonstrated success in building assets by generating leads, opening new accounts and advising an established client base.
- Experience and success in identifying client needs, analyzing customer information, defining investment goals and objectives and creating wealth management solutions using various structures.
- Ability to work in a team environment, show effective leadership and motivate and coach others.
- Well versed in the financial services industry, strong technically but able to talk to clients at all levels.
- Significant experience in the development of strategic alliances and partners to develop business leads.
- Significant knowledge of the financial services industry and marketing.
- A self starter who needs little or no direction and who would enjoy working in a highly professional, entrepreneurial culture with minimal bureaucracy and high levels of collaboration.
- A recognized investment advisor, who possesses a strong, positive reputation, has a solid track record and an established professional presence that generates confidence in co-workers, as well as clients.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal, both internally and externally. Effective in a variety of presentation settings, one-on-one and small and large groups. Congenial, yet highly professional in style and demeanor.
Terry M. Clarke
553 Tamarisk Lane
Crystal Lake, IL 60014