The primary focus of the position is generating sales of products or services offered by The Executive Compensation Group. He/she will also manage ongoing relationships with advisors. The Marketing Representative will maintain knowledge and expertise of accounting, legal and tax issues and their impact on existing and future business and participate in industry meetings to maintain contemporary knowledge of current trends.
More specifically, the responsibilities will include:
- Generate leads, through personal and business contacts, for the sale of life insurance, long term disability, long term care, and investment products to affluent individuals, families, business owners, and/or corporations.
- Identify client needs and manage potential cases through marketing, research, analysis, and delivery of client presentations.
- Manage new cases through new business/underwriting and policy delivery.
- Manage ongoing client relationships through periodic communications and annual reviews; identify new sales opportunities through the annual review process.
- Manage ongoing relationships with client advisors through periodic communications and meetings.
- Maintain system to monitor sales activities on a weekly basis, including initial calls to potential clients, calls to advisors, existing clients, and other sources of referrals and leads or new business opportunities generated from the activities.
- Undergraduate degree is required and it is more than likely that the candidate will possess an advanced business, accounting or legal degree.
- Appropriate licenses, including a valid Florida Agents License covering Life, Health and Variable Annuities, and FINRA (Series 6 or 7).
- A professional designation is required to be obtained within one year of employment. Acceptable designations include CLU, ChFC, CFP or AEP.
- NAIFA and MDRT membership is required within the first six months of employment.
Marketing Representatives who would like to find out more about joining The Executive Compensation Group should be able to demonstrate:
- Fits the values and culture and enjoys collaborating and mentoring with the dedicated team of professionals at The Executive Compensation Group.
- Significant experience in sales and marketing of financial products, including a proven history of a high volume of sales and the acquisition of new clients.
- Experience and success with complex Estate Planning, Wealth Transfer, Executive Benefits, and other insurance plans acquired by affluent individuals, families, business owners, and corporations.
- Proven ability to originate, develop and manage relationships with advisors and key decision makers for high net worth individuals and established solid network of high-level contacts and centers of influence within the target markets and in the local community.
- Experience with a broad spectrum of financial services products, including individual life, disability, long term care insurance, and investment products.
- Knowledge of tax, legal, and regulatory environment.
- Excellent business acumen.
- A self starter who needs little or no direction and who would enjoy working in a highly professional, entrepreneurial culture with minimal bureaucracy and high levels of collaboration.
- A client-centric person who is able to understand client needs and work with the resources of the company to implement creative solutions to maximize growth.
- Strong marketing, sales, and negotiation skills that demonstrate leadership, commanding presence, and persuasive ability.
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal, both internally and externally. Effective in a variety of presentation settings, one-on-one, and small and large groups. Congenial, yet highly professional in style and demeanor.
- An exceptionally bright, creative individual with solid understanding of business and the entire client relationship management and business development process.
Terry M. Clarke
553 Tamarisk Lane
Crystal Lake, IL 60014